Sunday 3 January 2016

Happy New Year everyone!

Remember to check out my new webiste and blog at www.yeomanmodels.com

 To start the new year here is a little blog post about some models that are now on sale. The Victorian Cabbies shelters.
 
I was asked to make scale models of a Victorian Cabbies Shelter by a customer who just couldn't find these for his model train layout. I had never seen or heard of them before but found some great info on this Wikipedia page and also a little video about them from the BBC! These links are well worth a look and give some history to these little London buildings!

A quick Google search brings up many pages like this one about the Cabbies shelters as well as many photos of surviving ones and drawings and plans of ones long gone!

As many shelters had a unique design details of their own, I decided when making my Cabbies shelter miniature that I would take individual elements from numerous shelters and make a sort of Chimera Cabbies shelter!

So taken was I by the look of these buildings that I decided to make them in 4 scales! N Gauge, TT Gauge, HO/OO Gauge and 28/32mm scale. Each model is slightly different to get the most detail and retain the character of the building at its specific scale.

You can see more about the models and buy them below!

 N Gauge - Yeoman Models - ebay - Shapeways
Cabmans Shelter_N Gauge_FrontCabmans Shelter_N Gauge_Back
   
TT Gauge - ebay - Shapeways
Cabmans Shelter_TT Gauge_FrontCabmans Shelter_TT Gauge_Back

HO/OO Gauge - ebay - Shapeways
Cabmans Shelter_HO_Front Cabmans Shelter_HO_Back
       
 28mm/32mm Scale - ebay
  Cabmans-Shelter_28mm_built Cabmans-Shelter_28mm_bits           I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment